BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Trip To Pulau Redang, Terengganu

Went to Pulau Redang last Friday. It is a government course open to students in Malaysia. Only 2 students are allowed to register in my school. Well, lucky me and Rachel got the spot! The main event for the camp is snorkelling! We were suppose to snorkel total of 6 times, but ended up only 4, because of the ferry, we were late.

About the camp, there were only 5 chinese including me and Rachel there. And the others are all Malays. There were no Indian students. I made new friends, closer to the chinese though, but not racist! >< Let me see whether I still remember their names. Meey Huey, Felix, Wei Neng, Eleena, Aida, Erma, Syafirah, Sara.. Wow, is that all? Lols. Let's move on.

Let me start with the bad parts of the camp first. There were not much though.
Among all the camps i've been, this is the hardest to survive camp. Why? Here are the reasons.
From bad to worst.
1.) I only get 2 of inch of kacang panjang for my vege once. But the food is nothing compared to my other complaints.

2.) The place where we sleep is dirty and dusty. They didnt provide bedsheets, nor blanket, nor pillows, and the mattress is really dirty! Lucky Rachel brought her ultra huge sleeping bag.

3.) The boy's dorm are so close to the girl's dorm. They're just steps away, which is not good. And they have all the opportunity to watch girls go in and out of the toilet. They even snap pictures of girl's showering. Found in one of their handphones by the trainers. Let me explain to you why in the following point.

4.) The worst among all - THE TOILET. It's not even a toilet!
- we can't flush
- the toilet got stuck
- room was beside the toilet and it stinks so badly
- we can't shower in cubicles or whatever u call it.
- so how?
- we shower open-air-ly.
- there were no doors, so they tied cloth or something like that to cover, and directly opposite the toilet was the boy's dorm. Now that's how they took pictures of us.
- From the boy's dorm door, they can look into the girl's toilet from above.
- There were 3 large water tanks, only 2 can be use. And the waters are so dirty. They use bakul to take up the water for shower, and even the water that we use for showering fall back into the water tank. Gross? YEA.
- The water was so dirty I had rashes all over my body. But at least it ain't that bad. Cz I hold myself not to scratch!! I rather shower in the ocean..
- We run out of water easily, cz there were many of us
- oh ya, was mentioning about open air right? Yea, some of us were so desperate we shower almost naked when many ppl is around.
- Was awkward that I have to shower with other girls open-air-ly, while I was showering, others were like.... Starring.. Like.. Go do your own business la!!

Enougghhh with the toilet stories...... One word, horrible.

Now the good part.
1.) The people were very friendly :))) Love them.
2.) I get to taste the sea waters for the 1st time, and it's super salty!!
3.) Get to snorkel for the first time, scuba diving too.
4.) the corals were so interesting,the fishes too! They tried swimming into my shirt, but could not get in ><
5.) The waters were so clear. The sand was sooooOOO SOFT! THE VIEW IS SO WONDERFUL.
6.) A turtle visited the island to lay some eggs. But we didn't manage to see it. But the eggs hatched, and we get to carry those babies! They are sooooo ADORABLE.
7.) While on the boat, the sea water was so clear that we saw a turtle swimming by.
8.) There's just so many things to say. If only you can see what I see there, you'll be amazed!


I will post the pictures soon. I don't have it now. So wait for it yea!


Overall, I think the camp is great, *not thinking of bad things that happened in the camp*. I tried out snorkeling for the first time and it was just so awesome. After exploring in the sea, it made me love the sea so much more. If only I was the queen of the sea and that I know every creature and every corner of the sea... If I own the sea.... Haha.. Fairytale-ing.

I'm still tired though. If I got enough rest, I would have write down every single details about the camp. But lucky you, i needa rest now. I will continue with how I really feel about the camp and what really happened in camp when I'm free again. Good evening!!! zZzZz....

No comments:

Post a Comment